Top 5 Best Pure Lavender Oils for Acne-prone Skin in 2018
Have you ever tried using lavender oil on your skin or around the house? Lavender oil has a great smell and can calm your acne inflammation, heal your pimples, and kill bacteria hidden in the clogged pores, or it can be used to make your own shampoo, soap, and other products at home.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 pure lavender oils that you can purchase in 2017.
#1 Lavender 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden: A top-rated, pure lavender oil made by Edens Garden. This .33 oz bottle is quality tested to ensure that it will be safe for direct use on your skin. No pesticides or GMOs used.
#2 Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil: Undiluted, lavender oil sourced from Bulgaria and bottled by Plant Therapy. Grown at over 3,500 feet, this oil is perfect for aromatherapy, adding to skincare products, and diluted use on your skin.
#3 Pure Body Naturals 100% Pure AAA+ Grade Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender oil made from a steam distillation of Lavandula angustifolia (English Lavender) from Bulgaria and Lavandula hybrida (Lavandin Grosso) from France, creating a potent final product in both smell and benefits.
#4 Aura Cacia Essential Oil, Lavender: Sourced from Ukraine in a region where lavender has been made for more than 50 years. Leaves, stems, and flowers are combined to create this wonderful oil that will help clear and nourish your skin.
#5 NOW Lavender Oil: Popular brand of lavender oil for their affordable and reliable product. Contains no carrier oil and is used for aromatherapy, baths, skin care applications, cleaning, and many other uses around the home.
Edens Garden Lavender 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil
Pure Body Naturals 100% Pure AAA+ Grade Lavender Essential Oil
Aura Cacia Essential Oil, Lavender
NOW Lavender Oil
Type Of Lavender
Lavandula angustifolia and Lavandula hybrida
Lavender 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden is a pure, undiluted lavender essential oil that is sourced from non-GMO lavender plants grown in Bulgaria. Bottled by Edens Garden, this product has shown time and time again that it contains no carrier oils, so it is great for many different applications of lavender oil.
- Sourced from Bulgaria
- Non-GMO, no pesticides or herbicides used
- GC/MS tested for quality purposes
- Lavandula angustifolia good for use on skin
- Some people don’t like the smell
Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil is another high-quality option when choosing a 100% pure lavender essential oil. Plant Therapy guarantees their products and will share their GC/MS testing results with you when requested, making them a reliable option to buy from when looking for a quality product.
- 100% pure lavender oil
- Sourced from Bulgarian Lavandula angustifolia
- Comes with built in bottle dropper
- Smells like proper lavender!
- Every batch turns out a bit differently, some better than others
- Consistency is not fantastic, but Plant Therapy will replace problem products
The Pure Body Naturals 100% Pure AAA+ Grade Lavender Essential Oil is a pure lavender essential oil that is sourced from France. Using the most common variety of lavender from Bulgaria along with the lavandin oil from France, this product offers the benefits of both types of lavender: Angustifolia and Hybrida.
- Sourced from France
- Made with steam distillation
- Combines two potent blends of lavender oil
- Very potent smell thanks to the blend of lavenders
- Includes Lavandin oil (from the Lavandula hybrida) which some people do not like to use on their skin
- Intended for aromatherapy or laundry rather than skincare
Aura Cacia Essential Oil, Lavender is the next contender that is one of the best pure lavender oils, and it’s made completely from Lavandula angustifolia sourced from Ukraine. This oil is made by steam distillation of the flower tops, resulting in a heavily floral blend that is effective and easy-to-use.
- Steam distilled from the flower tops only
- High-quality sourcing from Ukraine
- No carrier oils indicated
- Reliable, well-established company backing
- Some paper tests show hints of a carrier oil, but company assures consumers it is 100% pure lavender oil
- Lack of consistency between different bottle lots of this product
NOW Lavender Oil is another option for lavender oil that is marketed as a 100% pure lavender. NOW is a well-known brand that many people like to use for aromatherapy, baths, skincare, and hair solutions. This product comes in a dark bottle with an easy-to-use dropping mechanism.
- Dark, easy-to-use bottle
- Reliable company with a lot of following
- No carrier oils indicated; shows up clean on a paper test
- NOW company has a lot of different information about their products available if you contact them for ideas on how to use it
- Does not give information about type of lavender
- Does not give information about source of lavender
With so many different lavender essential oils on the market, it can be difficult to narrow down which one will ben the best for your skin and other uses around your home.
The following characteristics are important for deciding what kind of lavender to buy!
The most important thing to check is the purity of the lavender oil! While there are only 100% pure lavender oils included on this list, it can be hard to confirm this purity.
One great thing about lavender oil is that you can test it yourself to determine if any carrier oils have been used while manufacturing the oil. All it takes is a piece of paper, the lavender oil, and some extra time out of your day!
Here’s a video from youtube about how to do it.
We have weeded out the fake oils in this list, but you should keep this in mind when you are purchasing any oils to be used on your skin.
You want to know exactly what you’re using on your skin, after all! If you use a product that is heavily diluted with unknown carrier oils, you might cause unintentional breakouts that will hurt your skin more than the lavender can help it.
There are different kinds of lavender that are used to create lavender oil, and each of them has a different smell and some different characteristics. The following two varieties are on our top 5 list today.
Typically sourced from Bulgaria or Ukraine, this type of lavender is the one you will found most often in affordable, pure lavender oils. Because this type of lavender contains almost no camphor, it has a very sweet smell, making it perfect for aromatherapy and skin care regimens.
This type of lavender is usually sourced from France, and it is a combination of Lavandula angustifolia and Lavandula latifolia. Sometimes known as Dutch Lavender, this type of lavender has more camphor and a distinct smell different from that if L. angustifolia. This oil is sometimes called Lavandin Oil.
When you buy essential oils, you should always buy essential oils that come in a dark colored, amber bottle. Then, make sure to store them in a cool, dry place without any direct sunlight.
Essential oils have no expiration date when they are stored properly. If you keep them out of the sun, they will last for years to come!
Lavender oil can be used directly on your skin, but most people still choose to use it in combination with a carrier oil at a 2% - 5% dilution.
Get the most success in changing your skin with lavender oil by using it in combination with one of the following carriers:
- Argan oil: Reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Avocado oil: Hydrates & firms skin
- Baobab oil: Helps skin glow
- Coconut oil: Hydrates dry skin
- Marula oil: Brightens skin
On its own or when added to any of the above carrier oils, lavender oil promotes the following skin qualities:
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Works as a gentle astringent
- Reduces inflammation & redness
- Eases eczema
- Relieves stress (which is good for your skin!)
- Encourages new cell growth
The winner among the best lavender oils to use on your skin is definitely the Lavender 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden. This lavender oil is steam distilled and made from Lavandula angustifolia sourced in Bulgaria. It’s a high-quality oil that will help heal your skin and put you on the path to healthy, clear skin.
Get ready to use lavender oil in both skincare and other applications at home with any of these top 5 best lavender oils.